These posts are about my house, gardens, or something else related in some way to where I call home.
- A Weed by Any Other Name May 3, 2012What makes something a weed? Interestingly enough there is no botanical definition for a weed. Instead, it is a term that is generally used to…Continue reading »
- The Joys of Being a Slumlord April 26, 2012When we bought our house 24 years ago it came with an attached Mother-in-law apartment. We have kept this apartment rented out with only brief…Continue reading »
- Raccoons & Squirrels & Deer, Oh My! March 21, 2012I live in a residential part of town but have a fairly large backyard. It has not been uncommon over the years to see deer…Continue reading »
- Building a Shed November 7, 2011This was the year we finally decided to put up a shed big enough to hold all of the garden and lawn tools needed to…Continue reading »
- Cranky Old Neighbors and Fences October 31, 2011Like many other people I have neighbors, defined as people whose property is adjacent to my own. Since my lot includes the middle of the…Continue reading »