1 Peter Book Study
The posts listed here are a more in-depth book study of 1 Peter.
- 1 Peter: An Introduction (12/4/2018) - First Peter is a very practical letter written to scattered believers who are suffering for their faith. It is a letter full of encouragement and challenge.
- 1 Peter: Because of His Great Mercy (1:3-5) (12/10/2018) - In 1 Peter 1:3-5 Peter tells us that because of his mercy for us, God has given us a new birth into a living hope and into an imperishable inheritance.
- 1 Peter: Glorious Joy, In All Kinds of Trials (1:6-9) (12/17/2018) - In 1 Peter 1:6-9 we find that we can experience a glorious joy in the midst of great trials. This joy comes because we are receiving the goal of our faith.
- 1 Peter: Be Holy In All You Do (1:13-16) (1/18/2019) - Peter's challenge to us, as obedient children of God, is set our hope on the grace to be given us, and to be holy in all we do.
- 1 Peter: Living as an Alien, a Foreigner in this World (1:17-21) (2/1/2019) - Peter calls on us to live our lives here as aliens, foreigners in this world. We have been redeemed and brought into the kingdom of God. So live like it
- 1 Peter: Love One Another Deeply, From the Heart (1:22-2:3) (2/15/2019) - Love as mutual affection is good. But even better is to love one another with a selfless love that seeks the best for others, and the harmony of the body.
- 1 Peter: A Chosen People, A Royal Priesthood (2:4-5; 9-10) (3/22/2019) - As the redeemed we are God's chosen people. he has called us for something special. And he is working to accomplish that. Will you join him in that task?
- 1 Peter: A Chosen and Precious Cornerstone (2:6-8) (3/8/2019) - Is Jesus the cornerstone of the life you're building? If it is not then you are stumbling in the darkness. Make him the center of your life and truly live.
- 1 Peter: Living As Foreigners and Exiles (2:11-17) (4/5/2019) - Peter calls on us to live as foreigners and exiles in this world. We need to be sure that our lives in this world reflect well on God and his kingdom.
- 1 Peter: Responding To Suffering (2:18-25) (4/26/2019) - We should expect to suffer for Christ if we are being faithful. In this passage, Peter tells us how to respond when suffering, following Christ's example.
- 1 Peter: Instruction for Wives and Husbands (3:1-7) (5/10/2019) - Peter's instructions for wives and husbands are not always popular in today's world. But to ignore them puts both our marriage and prayer life at risk.
- 1 Peter: Christian Ethical Behavior (3:8-12) (5/24/2019) - How do we live in community and with those on the outside. Peter here gives us a brief synopsis on Christian ethical behavior. Turn from evil and do good!
- 1 Peter: Revere Christ in Your Suffering (3:13-18) (6/7/2019) - How do you respond to suffering for Christ? Peter tells us to rejoice and revere Christ as Lord. And to always be ready to share the reason for your hope.
- 1 Peter: Imprisoned Spirits and Baptism (3:19-22) (6/21/2019) - One of the most challenging passages in 1 Peter deals with these imprisoned spirits who are facing judgement. Yet that can give us hope in our suffering.
- 1 Peter: Don’t Surrender to the World’s Influence (4:1-6) (7/5/2019) - We live in a world that will, more likely than not, ridicule those who are of faith. But don't surrender to the influence of the world. Be true to Jesus.
- 1 Peter: Life in the Church: to Love and to Serve (4:7-11) (7/19/2019) - Our life within the church should stand in contrast to what we face in the world around us. We need to be willing to love and to serve, glorifying God.
- 1 Peter: Being a Shepherd, a Rewarding Task (5:1-4) (8/16/2019) - In this passage Peter gives some encouragement and instruction to the elders of the church. Being a shepherd is a rewarding calling, worth doing well.
- 1 Peter: Humble Yourself Under the Hand of God (5:5-11) (8/30/2019) - You will face challenges in this life. But humble yourself under the mighty hand of God. And he will lift you up to glory, not in your time, but in his.