- The Theology of Genesis: An Introduction (6/11/2021) - This is the first of a series looking at the theology of Genesis. Genesis has much to teach us, irrespective of our view of its historicity.
- The Theology of Genesis: In the Beginning – Genesis 1:1-2:4 (7/2/2021) - Beyond the mechanics of creation, this first chapter of Genesis has much to teach us about God and what he did. In the beginning . . . God.
- The Theology of Genesis: The Garden of Eden – Genesis 2 (7/16/2021) - The second chapter of Genesis introduces the garden of Eden as the ideal home for humanity. And believers look forward to its restoration.
- The Theology of Genesis: Fall and Exile – Genesis 3 (7/30/2021) - The Genesis 3 tells us what happened to God's good creation. It is the story of the fall of humanity and our exile from the garden.
- The Theology of Genesis: A Downward Spiral – Genesis 4 & 5 (8/13/2021) - Genesis 4 & 5 reflect a world that is on a downward spiral. What started with the fall in the garden continued to get ever more sinful.
- The Theology of Genesis: The Great Flood – Genesis 6-9 (9/17/2021) - The story of Noah and the great flood is a well known. And it has a number of lessons to learn that we should all be able to agree on.
- The Theology of Genesis: Scattering of the Nations – Gen. 9-11 (10/15/2021) - The story of the scattering of the nations at Babel sets the scene for the beginning of God's redemptive work that culminates with Jesus' work.
The Theology of Genesis
These posts are a series that looks at Genesis from a theological perspective rather than as a historical or scientific study. What can we learn from these early chapters that can help us to better understand God, humanity, sin, and the purpose of creation?