- Ephesus: Losing Their First Love – Revelation 2:1-7 (6/7/2021) - Ephesus had so much to be commended for. They worked hard and were doctrinally sound. But they had lost their first love. And it was serious.
- Smyrna: The Faithful Church – Revelation 2:8-11 (6/14/2021) - Smyrna was not a church most people would look at twice. But it had one very significant thing going for it. They were a faithful church.
- Pergamum: The Compromising Church – Revelation 2:12-17 (6/21/2021) - Pergamum had some good qualities. But they were also starting to become a compromising church, looking to fit into the culture around them.
- Thyatira: The Tolerant Church – Revelation 2:18-29 (6/28/2021) - Being a church that tolerates immorality within the body is a recipe for disaster. Do not give the culture a foothold within the body.
- Sardis: A Dead Church With A Reputation – Revelation 3:1-6 (7/5/2021) - Sardis was a church that had a reputation for being alive and active. But Jesus said that they were actually a dead church in need of revival
- Philadelphia: The Enduring Church – Revelation 3:7-13 (7/12/2021) - Philadelphia was a weak church that seemed to have little going for them. Except that they were an enduring church that was faithful to God.
- Laodicea: The Lukewarm Church – Revelation 3:14-22 (7/18/2021) - Laodicea was a lukewarm church. They thought they were in good shape. But spiritually they were far from it. Jesus warned them to wake up.
The Seven Churches of Revelation
These posts are a series that looks at each of the seven churches that Jesus addresses in the second and third chapters of Revelation. Some of the churches were faithful in following Jesus, in spite of their hardships. Some were starting to compromise with their culture. And some seemed to be on the verge of falling altogether. I do believe these churches are representative of churches throughout the ages. Including today.