- The Doctrine of the Church (7/29/2018) - What is the church? What is it's purpose? Questions about government, baptism and Lord's Supper. These are topics addressed by the doctrine of the church.
- Church Ordinances (5/30/2013) - Jesus left his church with two ordinances, baptism and the Lord's Supper. As we participate in these, we can remember what he has done for us
- On This Rock I Will Build My Church – Matthew 16:15-18 (6/10/2013) - Jesus said that on this rock I will build my church. What is this church that Jesus will build on the rock. And what is the purpose of that church?
- What is the Relationship Between Israel and the Church? (1/25/2019) - Israel and the Church! Has the church replaced Israel? Are there two covenant people? Or are they just one new body in Christ?
- The Doctrine of the Kingdom of God (2/22/2019) - What is the Kingdom of God that is spoken of so much in the New Testament. It is the spiritual rule of God in the life of believers.
- The Temple of God: Past, Present, and Future (11/1/2019) - Under the Old Covenant the temple, and the tabernacle before it, served to symbolize God's presence among the people. It was the focus of their worship. But the need for a separate physical structure disappeared at Pentecost when God's Spirit took up his dwelling with a living temple made up of all believers.
- What Is the Meaning of Israel in the Bible? (1/24/2020) - In the Old Testament Israel refers to a person, a people, and a nation. But in the New it seems to evolve. Just what is the meaning of Israel in the Bible?
- Tithing: Should New Testament Believers Tithe Their Income? (6/19/2020) - Tithing was a requirement under the Old Testament Law. But is it still a mandate for New Testament believers? Do we have an obligation to give financially?
- A New Normal: The Church and COVID-19 (7/24/2020) - What if social distancing becomes the new normal? How might the Church respond when unable to gather in large groups because of COVID-19?
- Can I Walk with God Alone, Apart from Other Believers? (8/28/2020) - Is it possible to have a living relationship with God apart from being an active member of a local church body? I don't believe so.
- A Brief Review of the Major Biblical Covenants (12/18/2020) - This is a brief look at the major biblical covenants that we find in the Bible. Covenants with Abraham, Israel, David, and with believers.
- Jesus as the Fulfillment of Isaiah’s Vision of the Future of Israel (2/12/2021) - Jesus claimed to be the fulfillment of the prophets. This article is a look at Isaiah to see how Jesus fulfilled his prophecies.
- How to Worship When We Are Unable to Assemble Together (1/15/2021) - We often take for granted that we gather physically gather for worship. But what if that is not possible? Can we still worship?
- The Mystery of Christ in Us, the Hope of Glory (4/23/2021) - Paul describes the mystery of Christ as being Christ in us. We are the temple he lives in. And that magnifies the call for personal holiness.
The Doctrine of the Church
The Church is the body of Christ and is universal in scope. The articles included on this page are all related to the Church, its purpose, and its work. The initial post here was written as a part of a systematic theology study.