Apologetics is really a spiritual discipline; providing a defense for your faith. All believers should be able to explain to those who inquire, why they believe what they do. The posts below are my attempts at that, and will hopefully be useful to others. It should be noted that these are mostly older posts since I am not actively writing apologetics articles at this time.
The articles on this page are roughly organized by the questions they intend to answer. Some of the articles were written specifically to answer the question. But others are simply related in some way to the heading that they are under. The more specific articles will be at the top of each section. They will be followed by the more general articles.
If you have apologetic related questions that you do not find answered here, please leave a comment at the bottom of the page, asking your question. If I can, I will address your question in a future post and add to this page.
An Introduction to Apologetics
- Introduction to Apologetics: An introduction to apologetics. What it is and why you should be an apologist.
- Being an Apologist: The scriptural basis for apologetics.
- Tips for Being an Effective Apologist: Some thoughts on how to be more effective in giving defense of your faith.
Does God Exist?
- Does God Exist?: Was the universe created? Or is it all hereby chance.
- The Kalam Cosmological Argument: One of the simplest and most effective arguments for the existence of a creator.
- Followup on the Kalam Cosmological Argument: A response to some questions on the Kalam Cosmological Argument.
- The Moral Argument: Objective Goodness Required God: The Moral Argument is an apologetic argument that seeks to show that belief in the existence of God is both logical and reasonable.
- The Source of Morality: Where do our morals come from: evolution; social convention; or, maybe, God?
- Why the Christian God? Assuming that there is a creator, why is the Christian version preferable to any other?
- Why God?: Why I still believe in God
- What If There Were No God?: Just some thoughts about what our world might be like without belief in God.
- God Has Proven Himself To Me: While I might not be capable of proving to an unbeliever that God exists, He has proven himself to me.
- What Purpose, Apart From God? Can life have any real purpose if there is no creator?
The Nature of God
- Omniscience and Free Will: How does one reconcile God’s fore-knowledge with our ability to make free choices?
- God: What I believe about who God is.
- How Big is God?: Have you ever stopped to think about how big a universe creator must be?
The Problem of Evil
- The Problem of Evil: If God is really all knowing, all powerful and cares about us, how come so much bad stuff happens
- A Partial Answer to the The Problem of Evil: Could it be that one of the reasons that God allows evil to exist in the world is to make us long for something better?
- The Aurora Shooting: Why Did God Allow It?: Could not God have prevented this senseless tragedy?
- Reliability of the New Testament: When was the New Testament written, and by whom? And how much has it changed over the years?
- Canonization of the New Testament: How did we end up with the 27 writings that make up the New Testament today?
- About the Gospels: Thoughts on the authorship and dating of the New Testament Gospels.
- Copying the New Testament: A brief look into the issue of errors introduced into the New Testament as it is copied over the first few centuries, and how they are fixed.
- Which Version of the Bible is Best?: My thoughts on versions of the Bible currently available.
- What About Jesus? Is he who the New Testament claims him to be, God in human form?
- Miracles: Impossible, or to be Expected? So what about miracles?
- Christianity and Science: Enemies or Allies? Are they inherently hostile, or can they peacefully coexist and support each other?
- Origins: Thoughts about where it all came from.
- Making Sense of it All: Is the universe the result of a purposeful and intentional creator, or just a fortuitous happenstance?
- Why An Imperfect Creation? Thoughts on why a perfect God might produce an imperfect creation.
- Creation and the Big Bang: Thoughts about the ‘conflict’ between the Genesis account of creation and the Big Bang theory.
- What is a Christian? Is it a label, attending a church, being moral, believing the right things, or a relationship?