Ephesians Book Study
The posts listed here are more in-depth studies of the book of Ephesians
- A Brief Introduction to Ephesians: Who and Why - This brief introduction to Ephesians will share some thoughts about the authorship, dating, audience, and purpose of this profound letter.
- Spiritual Blessings – Ephesians 1:3-14 - God has given his spiritual blessings to us in the heavenly realm. And we have these blessings because we are in Christ.
- Prayer – Ephesians 1:15-23 - In Ephesians 1:15-23, Paul's prayer for his readers is a spirit of wisdom and revelation so that they could know God better.
- From Death Into Life: An Act of Grace – Ephesians 2:1-7 - In my natural state, I was spiritually dead, separated from the life of God. But by his grace, I have been made alive and seated with Christ.
- Amazing Grace – Ephesians 2:8-10 - Grace. More specifically God's grace, his unmerited favor towards us. But it is concerned with much more than my salvation.
- Tearing Down the Wall of Hostility – Ephesians 2:11-22 - Jesus' death on the cross tore down the dividing wall of hostility separating Jew from Gentile. In his death, the law is fulfilled.
- The Mystery of Christ – Ephesians 3:1-13 - And the mystery is not only that the barrier that separated Jews from Gentiles has been eliminated. But also that the need for a priestly intermediary has been removed. All believers now also serve as priests and each have direct access to the throne of God.
- Rooted and Established In Love – Ephesians 3:14-21 - Paul prays that the Ephesians would be rooted and established in love, a suitable dwelling place for the Holy Spirit.
- Walking Worthy – Ephesians 4:1-6 - What does walking worthy of our calling mean? In the context of Ephesians 4:1-6, it refers to our role in the body of Christ. Be the best member you can be.
- Growing a Mature Church – Ephesians 4:11-16 - Christ provides his church with the necessary equippers to that we can be a mature church, fully equipped to do the work he has called us to.
- Out With the Old, In With the New Self – Ephesians 4:17-32 - How can I be an effective member of the body of Christ? Take off the old self and put on a new self. One made in the image of Christ.
- Imitators of God – Ephesians 5:1-20 - Don't be like the world around you. Instead, be imitators of God by living a life of love, living as a child of the light, and living with wisdom.
- Married to Jesus – Ephesians 5:22-33 - One of the images for the church in the New Testament is the Bride of Christ. This image pictures the intimate relationship between Christ and his church.
- All In the Family – Ephesians 5:21-6:9 - Paul's instructions to first century families contains useful information for families today. It also contains advice for workplace relationships.
- Spiritual Warfare – Ephesians 6:10-20 - A spiritual battle is raging all around us. So take up the armor God provides so you can stand your ground and be engaged in that spiritual warfare.