Ephesians Book Study
The posts listed here are more in-depth studies of the book of Ephesians
- Ephesians: A Brief Introduction (7/6/2018) - This brief introduction to Ephesians will share some thoughts about the authorship, dating, audience, and purpose of this profound letter.
- Ephesians: Spiritual Blessings (1:3-14) (7/13/2018) - God has given his spiritual blessings to us in the heavenly realm. And we have these blessings because we are in Christ.
- Ephesians: A Prayer for Believers (1:15-23) (7/20/2018) - In Ephesians 1:15-23, Paul's prayer for his readers is a spirit of wisdom and revelation so that they could know God better.
- Ephesians: From Death Into Life, An Act of Grace (2:1-7) (7/27/2018) - In my natural state, I was spiritually dead, separated from the life of God. But by his grace, I have been made alive and seated with Christ.
- Ephesians: Amazing Grace (2:8-10) (8/3/2018) - Grace. More specifically God's grace, his unmerited favor towards us. But it is concerned with much more than my salvation.
- Ephesians: Tearing Down the Wall of Hostility (2:11-22) (8/10/2018) - Jesus' death on the cross tore down the dividing wall of hostility separating Jew from Gentile. In his death, the law is fulfilled.
- Ephesians: A Mystery Revealed (3:1-13) (8/17/2018) - The revealed mystery is that the barrier that separated Jew from Gentile has been eliminated, and has been replaced by a new humanity.
- Ephesians: Rooted and Established In Love (3:14-21) (8/24/2018) - Paul prays that the Ephesians would be rooted and established in love, a suitable dwelling place for the Holy Spirit.
- Ephesians: Walking Worthy (4:1-6) (8/31/2018) - What does walking worthy of our calling mean? In the context of Ephesians 4:1-6, it refers to our role in the body of Christ. Be the best member you can be.
- Ephesians: Growing a Mature Church (4:11-16) (9/7/2018) - Christ provides his church with the necessary equippers to that we can be a mature church, fully equipped to do the work he has called us to.
- Ephesians: Put on the New Self (4:17-32) (9/14/2018) - How can I be an effective member of the body of Christ? Take off the old self and put on a new self. One made in the image of Christ.
- Ephesians: Imitators of God (5:1-20) (9/21/2018) - Don't be like the world around you. Instead, be imitators of God by living a life of love, living as a child of the light, and living with wisdom.
- Ephesians: Life in the Family (5:21-6:9) (9/28/2018) - Paul's instructions to first century families contains useful information for families today. It also contains advice for workplace relationships.
- Ephesians: The Bride of Christ (5:25-32) (10/5/2018) - One image of the church in the New Testament is the Bride of Christ. It pictures the intimate relationship between Christ and his church.
- Ephesians: Spiritual Warfare (6:10-20) (10/12/2018) - A spiritual battle is raging all around us. Take up the armor God provides, stand your ground, and join in the fight.
2 thoughts on “Ephesians Book Study”
Enjoying your study on Ephesians!
I’m glad. Thanks for sharing.