I will exalt you, my God the King;Psalm 145:1-2 NIV
I will praise your name for ever and ever.
Every day I will praise you
and extol your name for ever and ever.
What a wonderful psalm of exaltation and praise this is. The psalmist recounts some of the attributes of God and exalts him for them. And what I find especially significant about this praise is that it is daily. He does not just lift up praise to God occasionally, but every day.
- Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. – Psalm 145:3 NIV
- The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. – Psalm 145:8 NIV
- The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made. – Psalm 145:9 NIV
- The LORD is trustworthy in all he promises and faithful in all he does. – Psalm 145:13 NIV
- The LORD is righteous in all his ways and faithful in all he does. – Psalm 145:17 NIV
God’s greatness exceeds my comprehension. He is gracious and compassionate to me. And he is good, trustworthy, and righteous in all he does.
Israel would have sung this psalm praising God’s greatness. And while this psalm might be challenging for us to sing today, it is good to sing songs that exalt the greatness of our God. As well as to exalt him in our prayer and as we share together. Let his praise be ever on our lips, in song, prayer, and our conversation.
My mouth will speak in praise of the LORD. Let every creature praise his holy name forever and ever. Psalm 145:21 NIV
The views expressed here are solely mine and do not necessarily reflect those of any other person, group, or organization. While I believe they reflect the teachings of the Bible, I am a fallible human and subject to misunderstanding. Please feel free to leave any comments or questions about this post in the comments section below. I am always interested in your feedback.
If you have found value in this post, please consider subscribing to A Clay Jar so that you don’t miss any other posts.