Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.Psalm 118:1 NIV
In the United States we set aside one day a year and designate it as Thanksgiving, a time to remember the blessings of the past year. But as a believer in the the triune God, I am called to express thanksgiving to him every day. I have so much to be thankful for. I am thankful . . .
- that God loves me and has called me to himself
- for the hope I have in Christ
- that he has called me into his service and gifted me for that task
- for my wife, children and grandchildren
- that I have a comfortable home
- for a church where I am able to worship and serve
- for a few close friends I can share my heart with
- and for even more friends who brighten my day
- for good health
- for all the years of life he has given me
- and for the trail and the ability to enjoy the creation
I am blessed beyond measure. Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. Praise him for all he has done for us.
The views expressed here are solely mine and do not necessarily reflect those of any other person, group, or organization. While I believe they reflect the teachings of the Bible, I am a fallible human and subject to misunderstanding. Please feel free to leave any comments or questions about this post in the comments section below. I am always interested in your feedback.
If you have found value in this post, please consider subscribing to A Clay Jar so that you don’t miss any other posts.