Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.Psalm 118:1 NIV
In the United States we set aside one day a year and designate it as Thanksgiving, a time to remember the blessings of the past year. But as a believer in the the triune God, I am called to express thanksgiving to him every day. I have so much to be thankful for. I am thankful . . .
- that God loves me and has called me to himself
- for the hope I have in Christ
- that he has called me into his service and gifted me for that task
- for my wife, children and grandchildren
- that I have a comfortable home
- for a church where I am able to worship and serve
- for a few close friends I can share my heart with
- and for even more friends who brighten my day
- for good health
- for all the years of life he has given me
- and for the trail and the ability to enjoy the creation
I am blessed beyond measure. Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. Praise him for all he has done for us.